Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Soul Circus by, George Pelecanos

Soul Circus is the third book in Pelecanos's Strange/Quinn series. Strange is hired by Granville Oliver's defense attorney to help keep Oliver from getting the death penalty. Strange takes the case for the money and to make up for something he did in his far past. And Terry Quinn is helping his girlfriend, and fellow private investigator, search for a missing girl. But these stories are basically the hook Pelecanos needs to write about the epidemic of gun violence in Washington, D.C..

I still haven't made my mind up about Pelecanos. I loved Right as Rain, but everything else I've read by him hasn't reached me in the same way. He definitely has the street patois down and knows the ins and outs of gangs, investigations, and straw purchases.

No comments: