Friday, April 14, 2017

MST3k Friday: Revival League Edition

Today is a special day. Not only because it's Good Friday, but because Netflix is releasing the first new episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 since August 1999. As a backer of the Kickstarter campaign, I got early access to the episodes. I am sworn to secrecy about the new season, but I'll offer a few quick thoughts.

  • It feels like classic MST3k
  • The volume of jokes seems to be higher than in the original series
  • Crow's voice sounds similar to what we're used to.
  • Tom's voice will take some getting used to
  • I don't know if it's because they're in the same vocal register or because they're new voices, but I had a hard time figuring out who said what riff in the theater.
  • I don't understand (yet) why the Mads have a house band.
  • IT'S REALLY FUNNY!
Do yourself a favor and check out the new episodes on Netflix. I know I'll finish the episodes of the season I haven't watched yet.

No comments: