Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Last Five Books I Bought

It's been a while since my last "Last Five Books" post. I typically say the last five books and why, but any regular reader of this blog will know the whys when they see the authors.

The Killing Kind by, Chris Holm. People who have read this blog, know that I've been promoting Holm for a while now. I can't wait to see what he does in a different genre. The only thing holding me back from tearing into this right now is the fact that I'm halfway through Ron Chernow's Washington: A Life.

The Cartel by, Don Winslow. Again, regular readers know I love Don Winslow. This sequel to The Power of the Dog would have been my next read if I had finished Washington before The Killing Kind came out.
The Devil's Game by, Sean Chercover. The sequel to The Trinity Game.
The Sun Also Rises by, Ernest Hemingway. A few years ago I read all of Hemingway's short stories and got to realize why many consider him among the greatest writers of the 20th Century. I haven't gotten around to many of his novels, so when I went to his home in Key West this summer, I picked up one of his novels in the gift shop.
The Man in the High Castle by, Philip K. Dick. I was blown away by the pilot for Amazon's series based on this book, so I had to read the original source material. I found the pacing to be a little off and the tension wasn't as great as the show, but it was an interesting read. I can't wait to see the Amazon series (starting November 20, 2015).

No comments: