Monday, April 28, 2014

Song of the Week from Let It Be

Let It Be was the last album released by The Beatles, but it was recorded before Abbey Road. Let It Be was originally intended to be released before Abbey Road during mid-1969 as Get Back, but the Beatles were unhappy with this version and it was temporarily shelved.

I really like "Across the Universe", "I've Got a Feeling", and "The One After 909".  Though I'm going to end this project on a cheat.  During the past two months I've said a couple songs are among my favorite Beatles tune, and this week's song is no different. It could possibly be my favorite of them all.  And I'm going to post my favorite version:  an alternate take from The Beatles Anthology.

Stripped of Phil Spector's "Wall of Sound", this song is nearly perfect.  Here is the final song:  "The Long and Winding Road".

No comments: