Monday, February 24, 2014

Song of the Week from A Hard Day's Night

A Hard Day's Night was released in July 1964, five months after their historic appearance on Ed Sullivan. This is the hardest decision to date. I love practically every song on this album and it would be cheating to call it a thirteen way tie.  Here is the track listing, just to give you an idea of what I'm up against:

No.TitleLead vocalsLength
1."A Hard Day's Night"  Lennon and McCartney2:34
2."I Should Have Known Better"  Lennon2:43
3."If I Fell"  Lennon and McCartney2:19
4."I'm Happy Just to Dance with You"  Harrison1:56
5."And I Love Her"  McCartney2:30
6."Tell Me Why"  Lennon with McCartney2:09
7."Can't Buy Me Love"  McCartney2:12
Side two
No.TitleLead vocalsLength
1."Any Time at All"  Lennon2:11
2."I'll Cry Instead"  Lennon1:46
3."Things We Said Today"  McCartney2:35
4."When I Get Home"  Lennon2:17
5."You Can't Do That"  Lennon2:35
6."I'll Be Back"  Lennon with McCartney2:24

Pretty tough, eh? This week's pick is the surprisingly downbeat last track "I'll Be Back". You can read a little bit about the song on its wiki page.

No comments: