Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Justified: Riverbrook

The second episode of "Justified" was good, but not as good as the first. After transporting Dewey Cox to prison, Raylan gets a call that two prisoners have escaped while performing in a prison bluegrass band. As is a marshal's job, he's tasked to bring the two to justice.

Lots of good banter in this one. Lots of fun moments with Raylan. While not as crackly as the pilot, the writers do seem to be getting Elmore Leonard's style down.

I don't know if it was just me, but if this was a movie, I'd say a reel was missing. I couldn't figure out how Raylan made the connection between Riverbrook and the escaped convicts. Anyone else have that issue?

1 comment:

Cormac Brown said...

In retrospect, you're right. That was kind of all too convienent how he just seemed to stumble upon them.

I think part of the problem with the second episode was that the villains simply didn't measure up on the threat scale.