I'll try to keep away from spoilers, but if you want to go into the movie fresh stop reading now.
What I Liked:
- Still has the gritty, unpredictable style of Casino Royale. He takes a beating and comes out ahead, but his victory is never assured.
- The opera scene.
- The last scene with Mathis.
- The relationship with him and M. Their dynamic is completely different from every other Bond/M relationship, but it works on so many levels.
- The references to previous Bond movies (Goldfinger, The Spy Who Loved Me, etc).
- The final scene.
- The phrenetic direction of the first two action sequences. Did the editors drink too much Red Bull? Or did they just stay up too late watching the Bourne series?
- Less character development. Bond and the girl (I can't even remember her name) were pretty well fleshed out. Other than that....not so much. I love Jeffery Wright as Felix, but he wasn't given much to do. And who can tell me anything about the villain other than his name?
Definitely worth another viewing.