Soundgarden and Audioslave frontman Chris Cornell killed himself last Thursday at the age of 52. We'll never know what drove him to this place, but the world is a poorer place without his immense talent.
Monday, May 22, 2017
Monday, May 15, 2017
Monday, May 8, 2017
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Monday, May 1, 2017
Monday, April 24, 2017
Friday, April 21, 2017
Monday, April 17, 2017
Friday, April 14, 2017
Today is a special day. Not only because it's Good Friday, but because Netflix is releasing the first new episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000 since August 1999. As a backer of the Kickstarter campaign, I got early access to the episodes. I am sworn to secrecy about the new season, but I'll offer a few quick thoughts.
- It feels like classic MST3k
- The volume of jokes seems to be higher than in the original series
- Crow's voice sounds similar to what we're used to.
- Tom's voice will take some getting used to
- I don't know if it's because they're in the same vocal register or because they're new voices, but I had a hard time figuring out who said what riff in the theater.
- I don't understand (yet) why the Mads have a house band.
- IT'S REALLY FUNNY!
Do yourself a favor and check out the new episodes on Netflix. I know I'll finish the episodes of the season I haven't watched yet.